10 Very Strange Dental Requests, courtesy of Chicago Dental Society
2nd April 2011
Back to Blog
According to the latest issue of Private Dentistry, a survey among more than 300 dentists, organised by The Chicago Dental Society revealed some very bizarre requests from their dental member patients. They outlined them at their annual Midwinter Meeting.
The top 10 were…
- Can you give my dog braces?
- Can I keep the teeth you pull out of my mouth – I’d like to make a necklace out of them.
- May I have an emergency cleaning visit? It’s my high school reunion and I need a bright, white smile to face my old boyfriend.
- Will you give me local anaesthesia in my lips? I’m going in for permanent lipstick tattos on my lips and I’d like to avoid the pain.
- I just broke off my engagement. Can you prepare my tooth so that I can keep the diamond in it?
- Pull all my teeth, and just give me dentures.
- I will pay your or your hygienist to floss my teeth at my office every day.
- Can you ID this set of dentures left in the bathroom of the bar I work at?
- Please wire my mouth shut to aid in my diet?
- Can you extract my tooth without anaesthesia?